Thursday, September 30, 2010

Shea Butter Works Wonders


Because I find it better than petroleum jelly, mineral oil and lanolin.  I will always sing the praises of shea butter. I try to keep it on my shelf for not only my skin but for my hair as well. I've made a number of mixtures with other natural oils with shea butter as its base. 

Shea Butter is Better

  • Shea butter is the natural fat extracted from the seed of the African Shea tree.

  • Containing the vitamins A, E and F, it's a great natural emollient.

  • It has natural wind and sun protecting properties with up to an SPF of 6.

  • Shea Butter is also anti-inflammatory, which can be soothing for itchy,dry skin.

  • Shea butter has been known to fade stretch marks.

  • It's inexpensive! You can purchase a pound of more for 5 dollars depending on where you shop.


Here's a recipe for my Sweet Cream Shea Butter Mix that I've made for my mother and myself.


1 cup of pure Unrefined Shea Butter
2 tblsp of Grapeseed Oil
3 tblsp of Olive Oil
2 capsules of Vitamin E

You can blend these all in an clean empty jar left over from one of your cosmetics to save money or purchase a travel sized jar from some place like Walgreens of CVS.
The shea butter should soften as you stir. I often use a chop stick but do what works for you.

I've made this for my mother who after working  in the yard during the summer months came back with darkened, itchy, scaly skin.  We both had hydrocoritsone and other steroid creams in the house but she said this natural shea cream worked better for her than anything else. I hope you guys get a chance to try it and let me know how it goes.



DuchessGabrielle on Youtube gives an awesome overview of what shea butter is and isn't.














Follow my blog with bloglovin

4 comments:

Back said...

Thank you. I like your content. Very nice

http://www.back2africa.com/

SweetCBeauty said...

Thank you.

KATHERINEHOPE said...

Love your blog! I read it all the time. I'm vegan so it is sometimes hard for me to find certain products... but your content often helps me out! Thank you so much! I became a follower today so I can always be up-to-date on what you're featuring. Thanks again!

katherinehopefashion.blogspot.com

SweetCBeauty said...

Thank you Katherine!

I will be moving this blog to the ChicagoNow.com site soon. I hope you continue to follow me. I have much more in store!