Thursday, October 7, 2010

Product Review: Boscia Luminizing Black Mask

I've been a big fan of the Boscia Skin Care line for a few years now. The entire line of products are preservative-free and sulfate-free and have always left me with calmed, soothing skin.What I love most is that  you won't pay more than $26.00 for the average 4.6 oz bottle. How many department store skin care products can you say that about?

I was lucky enough to win a free bottle of the new Luminizing Black Mask from the company's facebook page. (I used my special telekinetic superpowers. Ha!) So, trying out this mask proved to be even more fun.

The first time I applied the mask, I didn't make sure to apply a thick, even layer which made for a harder time peeling it off.  So, lesson learned.  Second time around: starting with a clean and dry face, I applied a thick layer of the mask first.  (When applying masks, make sure you stay clear of the delicate peri-orbital area around your eyes.)

The Luminizing Black Mask goes on feeling very soothing and slightly cool.  The texture is like a thick, gooey black glue.  No burning sensation or itchy, tight feeling on my skin which was surprising because I had some areas around my nose and mouth that were slightly inflamed from eczema. Not having to worry about a quick rinse off from irritation allowed me to relax with the mask on for 10-15 minutes for the product to dry.

The peeling off of the product was tricky for me because I couldn't get it all off in one or even two pieces but I guess it take a little practice. I also didn't make sure to brush away a few strands of hair from my face before applying which required some warm water and a facecloth.

Boscia claims  the mask "delivers powerful detoxifying, purifying, and brightening effects" and they don't lie. My pores looked smaller, flaky skin gone and most surprisingly my skin really did look brighter and healthier. I think this is a product especially good for those with oily skin since it 'sticks' to the pores and draws out impurities. Also, ingredients like witch hazel and rosemary leaf oil prove to be soothing to most oily skin types.

My only complaints are that it's required you use a lot more of the product that I had planned. I like to skimp and stretch out my more high-end products and you just won't be able to do that with Boscia's Luminizing Black Mask. You need a generous amount just for one good application. I plan on using this once a week instead of twice a week as suggested. 



 Active Ingredients (as listed on Sephora.com):

 -Vitamin C (Ascorbyl Glucoside): Delivers healthy, younger-looking skin by dramatically brightening, minimizing hyperpigmentation, preventing free-radical damage, and reducing fine lines and wrinkles.


-Calcium Montmorillonite Clay: First discovered in Montmorillion, France in the 1800's, it is considered the premier-quality clay, containing 67 minerals. It absorbs excess oil, dirt, and toxins from the skin; exfoliates dead skin cells; and leaves the skin purified, nourished, restored, and immaculately clean.

-Maritime Pine Bark Extract (Pinus Pinaster Bark/Bud Extract): Extracted from the bark of the maritime pine trees, it provides exceptionally powerful antioxidant and soothing benefits as well as long-lasting conditioning.



-Witch Hazel (Hamamelis Virginiana): An anti-inflammatory and natural antiseptic extract that kills blemish-causing bacteria while it helps restore skin  suppleness, tighten pores, prevent whiteheads and blackheads, and provide a firming effect.

Follow my blog with bloglovin

No comments: